Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google
The Secret , Law Of Attraction And The Origins Of My Spiritual Beliefs
  • This is being reposted to restore the link to this original post. Five or six years ago the Law of Attraction was presented to the masses in the form of a bad film. Another aspect of this law is that spirit is not permitted to channel material to a recipient that would force a change in the evolution of the person. Law of attraction origins That's why there's a market for Law of Attraction (LoA) products.

The Power” and The Secret” are larded with references to magnets, energy and quantum mechanics. Unfortunately, authors have to use attractive titles such as think and grow rich” and make absurd promises of an overnight drastic change for the best in peoples lives in order to drive sales and profit.

The first article about this was in Psychology Today - Throw Away Your Vision Board” After a quarter million hits and much hate mail, I wanted to make sure that I had a thorough LOA understanding so I read every book from the originators of the law in the late 1800s and became a certified Advanced Practitioner of the Law of Attraction” by one of the authors of "The Secret." I then wrote Throw Away Your Vision Board 2” This time the feedback was a little more positive.

It would be fun to get a running list on all the reasons why the Law of Attraction is bogus. "Like attracts like." The law of attraction forms the basis for positive thinking but is much more than that. After contemplating what Jonathon has said as well as some of the other people on this blog, I have concluded that at this time, it is very difficult to prove if the law of attraction exists or not using current scientific methods.

I believe that I have somewhere said (but cannot find the passage) that the principle of continuity renders it probable that the principle of life will hereafter be shown to be a part, or consequence of some general law; but this is only conjecture and not science.

The Secret taught me 2 very valuable lessons 5 years ago that changed my life. The history of the Law of Attraction is something that is impossible to measure, as it began with the creation of the universe. Recognizing and getting a brief understanding of the full circle of universal laws will make working with the law of attraction” easier.

The principles that operate in the outer universe, discoverable by scientists, are called natural laws. It's actually kind of funny, because if you read these comments, you can see the negativity and see exactly why these people are not getting what they want out of life.

Ludvig wrote an article about a similar topic (and the mindset behind it) some time ago that is worth reading. 12) We're Not Perfect: The LOA is a perfect law” and should result in a perfect” life. After all, the only other force that could explain how Rhonda Byrne put two books on top of the best-seller list is the law of attraction itself.

The three fundamental principles that the Law of Attraction is based on. There is a concept called, The Law of Attraction In simple terms, it's the idea that thought can bring things into your life because like attracts like”. A place where believers in The Law of Attraction can get together and discuss their hopes, beliefs, fears, triumphs, and anything in between.

In fact prior to me learning about the law of attraction I appreciated these good things even more because I wasn't looking for them and they weren't dependant on me being in some sort of positive mood all the time. It is the way in which the concept of the law of attraction and positive thinking are sold to the public that cause many to dismiss the idea and become cynical.